A whole food product for your dog. Made with 100% natural, organic Slippery Elm Bark, sustainably sourced. Lubricating and coating the protective layers of the bowel, it acts as the first defence against inflammation by keeping foods, grass, or things your dog shouldn’t be eating, from causing further irritation. To treat sudden cases of diarrhea, you can also fast your dog, feed bland food and give probiotics along with slippery elm to ease symptoms.
250 mL in a recyclable glass jar
- Think of slippery elm as a bowel lozenge, a lozenge coats the sore throat, lubricating it so it’s easier to swallow food and liquids. Slippery Elm does this for your dog’s bowels. Inflammation is reduced, and the not-so-pleasant symptoms of GI upset are eased.
- Slippery elm contains astringent tannins that sooth and reduce inflammation, reduce swelling and heal tissue. Helps to heal internal and mucosal tissues.
- Slippery Elm Bark has a long history of use in Chinese, Ayurvedic, Western, and North American First Nations medical traditions.
- Native American herbalists have used Slippery Elm Bark for centuries as a healing ointment to relieve stomach upset due to it's astringent and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Slippery Elm Bark is an herb derived from the inner part of the elm bark and is usually used as a finely ground powder.
- Derives from the Slippery Elm tree, a deciduous tree that grows on the eastern coast of the United States.
- Sustainably grown and harvested
Approved by Health Canada NN.Y8I8
- 100% Organic Slippery Elm Bark Powder (ulmus rubra)
- When introducing any new item to your dogs diet do so gradually.
- Make into a paste with water or yogurt and then add to food (kibble or freeze dried)
- Or, mix directly into food (raw or home cooked diets)
- Suggested use – 1/4 tsp per 10 lbs - once to twice a day
- Store in a cool dry place away from humidity, heat, and direct light.
- Not to be used in pregnant dogs.
- If your dog's condition worsens or does not improve, stop and call your veterinarian.
- Do not use within 48 hours of surgery/anesthesia.
- The absorption of drugs taken simultaneously may be delayed.
- Do not use in animals receiving other drugs, unless directed by a veterinarian
Superfoods are nutritionally dense whole foods. Perfect for raw fed, kibble fed, and home cooked diets.
Hand packed in Muskoka.